Children's Book Blog Tour random header image

Book Buzz Bizz

January 28th, 2010 · 7 Comments

I am closing up the poll for three-day blogger for Calamity Jack. Becky give me a couple of days to get the Amazon gift certificate to you–someone stole my CC info :yikes: and I have to wait for a new card.

Also I am going with a new policy for the three-day bloggers. From now on you get a hearty “THANK YOU!” and that’s all.

:laugh:

Sorry. I was in the hospital for twelve days a couple of months ago and sitting at home all day, blogging, amazingly, does not come with health insurance. So…I am scrambling to pay my bills and I am having to cut back on the fun stuff.

(I know, what a world, eh? One funny friend, after I’d written, pouring out my woes and telling her I was going to have to get a job, wrote back so sympathetically and said, “I’m so sorry you were sick. And now you have to look for gainful employment! What’s next? Daily bathing?” heh heh With friends like that….)

But back to the bizz at hand: For this last tour, I am not even going to open the thing up for a vote. I am declaring SMS Book Reviews the winner because she did a couple of wonderful interviews. And I am also sending The Hungry Readers a gift certificate for their long-time faithfulness at posting three days on blog tours and for always putting up interesting, thought-provoking posts.

If you don’t like my tyrannical decisions here, I say in the words of Edward, the Black Prince of Wales, as recorded in the movie A Knight’s Tale, “This is my word. And as such is beyond contestation.”

ha ha That was a great impersonation, wasn’t it? If I do say so myself. :)

:wave:

Tags: Kidz Book Buzz Bizz

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 annie // Jan 28, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Thanks for everything you do for these tours!!

Love,
    Annie
    .-= annie´s last blog ..Lost to the West by Lars Brownworth =-.

• 2 sally apokedak // Jan 28, 2010 at 3:05 pm

You’re quite welcome, Annie. Thanks for your enthusiastic participation!
    .-= sally apokedak´s last blog ..Oops! Hold on there Cowboy! =-.

• 3 Noel // Jan 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Hey! Someone just stole MY cc info this week, too! Did your people have imagination? Mine just made long phone calls from hotels. Though once, when my dad had his stolen, the person blew mega dollars on tennis balls.

Where do these people come from?

• 4 sally apokedak // Jan 28, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Well, I don’t get the thinking behind this, Noel, but the ones that took my info charged several one dollar charges at itunes and places like that, then bought a couple of pretty inexpensive things on the Internet and had them shipped to my house.

What could they gain from that?

:huh: .-= sally apokedak´s last blog ..Adjusting the Picture for Clarity =-.

• 5 Callista // Jan 28, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Oh wow thanks so much! I was sad to see no comments on my day three interview with the photographer because I was so proud of myself. I normally don’t like reading interviews and often skip them but I’m starting to get the hang of asking the right questions I think.
    .-= Callista´s last blog ..Second Chance by Sandra J. Gerencher =-.

• 6 sally apokedak // Jan 29, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Callista, I’ve tried a couple of times to leave comments at your site and they’ve not gone through.

I did finally manage to leave one, but it took me several tries. Maybe others are having similar trouble.

I loved your interviews, though. I thought your questions were great.
    .-= sally apokedak´s last blog ..Adjusting the Picture for Clarity =-.

• 7 Shel // Feb 1, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Thank you very much for wanting to give me a gift card. That is very thoughtful!